Below are the protocols that must be followed by all gardens as established by the City of Regina and Saskatchewan Health Authority. Gardeners must adhere to the guidelines to help keep everyone safe and to help ensure the gardens can remain open. Thank you for your cooperation. Please visit growregina.ca for more information.
- Do not enter the garden and return home if you have:
– cold or flu-like symptoms (cough, sore throat, fever, shortness of breath);
– travelled outside Canada within the last 14 days; or
– been in close contact with a COVID positive person in the past 14 days.
- All gardens are closed to the public and only accessible to members.
- Garden members may only be accompanied in their garden plot by immediate family members, no more than four people.
- Physical distancing of two metres must be adhered to.
If someone is too close, create the necessary space and kindly remind the person of the distance requirement. If physical distancing becomes a problem due to too many people in the garden at one time, schedules may need to be created.
- Gardeners are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and sanitize hands upon entering the garden and before leaving.
- Clean and sanitize taps and hoses after each use with the provided sanitizing wipes.
There are no garbage facilities on site. Used wipes must be taken home.
Leave hose stretched out on the ground next to the cribbing to minimize handling of the hose in many places.
- No sharing of tools or equipment is permitted. Benches will be put away and not available for use.
The Grow Regina tool supply will remain in the locked sheds. Gardeners will need to bring their own garden tools, hose nozzles and chairs. They must be removed from the garden or left in a safe place within the plot upon leaving.
- There will be no in-person start-up meeting or work bees allowed.
Information to gardeners will be “electronic.” Please notify Grow Regina if you need information to be mailed.
• Only one person can access a shed at a time and each gardener must clean door handles after leaving the space. The locked garden sheds are not accessible to the gardeners at any time. Sanitizing wipes are available for those authorized to enter the sheds.
Note: To print these Guidelines go to Guidelines – COVID-19 look for print button at the bottom of page.